Ard Darach Cottage Booking Enquiry Form
Ard Darach Cottage Terms & Conditions
- RESERVATIONS Home From Home Perthshire- act only as agents for the Owners of the self-catering holiday cottages featured on its website. The hiring contract is between the holiday maker & the Owner. The receipt of a signed booking form/e-mail confirmation and/or payment of the non- refundable 25% deposit and £10 booking fee is deemed to be a firm booking and it is assumed that the hirer has read & agrees to the conditions as found on our website. On receipt of your deposit, booking fee and other relevant charges, the Company will confirm your reservation by email (or post). You are then responsible for the balance of the rental, which is due no later than 7 weeks prior to your arrival. If your holiday is within the 7 week period, you are required to pay the full rental. Please remember a reservation is a legal contract. We strongly recommend you ensure you are adequately covered by Insurance for your rental.
- PAYING YOUR BALANCE the full remaining balance of the charges are due seven weeks prior to the commencement date of the holiday. This includes short break cottage bookings. Non-payment of the balance by the due date will result in the Agency regarding the self-catering cottage as being available for re-booking.
- CANCELLATION In the event a Hirer cancels a confirmed self-catering cottage booking he/she remains liable for payment of the full cost of the holiday. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the Hirer, we will attempt to re-let the holiday cottage and if successful will make a full refund to the hirer less an administration fee of £75 and any other expenses incurred in re-letting the holiday cottage.
- OCCUPANCY The number of persons occupying one of our Highland Perthshire self-catering cottages must not exceed the maximum occupancy level stated in the cottage details. Holiday home owners reserve the right to end occupancy of their Scottish self-catering cottage without notice or refund in the case of a breach of this condition.
- GOOD HOUSEKEEPING DEPOSITS The hirer is fully liable for the condition of the self-catering cottage and its contents for the period of their holiday (fair wear & tear excepted). The hirer will make good any damage or loss & leave the self-catering cottage & its contents in a clean & orderly condition. The individual who signed the booking form will be held responsible for the hiring party.
- T&C`s Comprehensive conditions and restrictions applying to each of our Scottish Highlands self-catering cottages (e.g. good housekeeping deposits, limitations on pets, children, short breaks etc) will be stated in each individual holiday cottage description & form part of these Hiring Terms & Conditions.
- YOUR HOLIDAY HOUSE Owners reserve the right to refuse to hand over occupancy of their self-catering cottage to any person/s that in their opinion, is not appropriate to take charge. In this eventuality hire charges will be refunded in full & the liability of the owner shall cease. Without prior consent properties are not available for hire to single sex groups, stag / hen parties.
- OWNER CANCELLATION If an owner is prevented , due to unforeseen problems with the property , (e.g. fire damage, flood, drought or the interruption of utility supplies), from putting their self-catering cottage at the disposal of the Hirer, the hire charge shall be refunded in full but the Hirer shall have no further claim against the owner. This includes short break bookings of holiday cottages. Except where otherwise expressly stated in these conditions, the Owner and the Company shall not be liable for changes beyond the Company’s control or beyond the control of the Owner.
- PROPERTY DESCRIPTION Home From Home Perthshire have taken every care to ensure the correctness of their Highland Perthshire self-catering holiday cottages descriptions and all information is given in good faith and deemed accurate, but the Agency cannot be held responsible for changes beyond their control or be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of the owner resulting in loss, injury or accident caused to the Hirer.
- COMPLAINTS We hope that you will have no cause for complaint but, in the event of a problem arrising, in the first instance, please contact the property Owner immediately so that any problem may be speedily resolved, as the Owner must be given the opportunity to rectify the problem. If this is not possible please contact our office and we will attempt to contact the Owner on your behalf. If after this, you feel that the problem was not resolved then you must, within 7 days of the end of your holiday, put your complaint in writing to the Company. All communiations will be copied to the Owner for their comments and response. Please be aware that the company act only as a mediator in these situations to try to facilitate an outcome satisfactory to both parties and that your contract is with the Owner. No complaints can be accepted following departure if either the Owners or Home From Home Perthshire have not been contacted during your stay and allowed time to address any issues.
- LAW The owners and the Hirer agree that the booking contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and the owners and the hirer agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
- WIFI There is no guarantee as to the speed or bandwidth of the house’s internet connection. Rural areas of Scotland can be erratic and/or suffer outages which are outwith the owner's control. The owner does not accept responsibility for such events but will endeavour to rectify the situation with the provider where possible.
Covid-19 Guest information
Due to the Covid-19 movement restrictions our office hours during the lock-down period will be 10am-3pm.
We are keen to help with your enquiries and will respond as soon as possible.
Further to the announcement by the First Minister of Scotland on the 24th June, self-contained holiday accommodation with no shared services can open from the 3rd of July. The guidance advising people to travel no more than five miles for leisure and recreation will also be lifted from this date.
Please be assured that when our cottages do reopen our owners will be following the ASSC recommended Safety & Cleaning Protocols to protect our guests, owners & caretakers.
Full details >