We’ve been enjoying a flurry of snow up here in Highland Perthshire this week; the area is beautiful at this time of year, with white hillsides all around us and woodland walks covered in spring flowers. Snowdrops are everywhere now and in Perth City we’re seeing the first of the crocuses popping their lilac and yellow heads up through the South Inch Park.
The wonderful Scottish Snowdrop Festival has been another huge success this year and you can still catch the last few events up until the 15th of March. This is a real celebration of Scottish Wildlife and if you’ve not had a chance to book in for a walk then pop over to the website and have a look at what’s on offer in Perthshire. We’d love you to make a weekend of it and book into one of our gorgeous properties. Perthshire Snowdrop Festivals
The other big event just around the corner is Easter and if you’re thinking of joining us for chocolate filled weekend then we suggest you hurry. We’ve had a lot of bookings in the past week, especially for the larger family holiday homes. It seems everyone has just realised the first weekend in April is only five weeks away and the kids are off school! EEK! We scoped out some fun activities for families around Perthshire for you try out while you’re with us over the Easter Holidays!
1. Make like a local and head for Kinnoull Hill with its beautiful walks. It’s only a short distance from Perth City Centre and enjoys the enviable Green Flag status. Looked after by the Forestry Commission Scotland this is one of Perth’s favourite spots for rolling eggs! Brisk, uphill and the most amazing views from the top it’s hard to beat when it comes to letting your hard-boiled creation loose! Visit our Kinnoull Page for more details.
2. Highland Perthshire’s Jewel, Blair Atholl Castle is only a 15 minute drive from Pitlochry and their April programme is always fun packed! They are renowned for their treasure hunts around the grounds and the farm walks to see the newborn lambs and calves are super special. Keep an eye on their website for further details. Details >
3. Staying with regal side of Perthshire, why not drop into Scone Palace’s Easter Weekend Extravaganza? Held in the grounds of this 5-star visitor attraction, you will find Easter Egg Rolling on Moot Hill (take your own painted egg), Easter Hunt in the Maze, Easter Themed Trail in the Gardens, Face Painting, Pottery Painting and Outdoor Games. Their café on site is really tasty and Scones at Scone are a must! Their website has full details and is well worth a look! http://scone-palace.co.uk/whats-on
4. The National Trust for Scotland runs really fun Easter Trails in both The Hermitage and at Killiecrankie. The woodlands and walks managed by the Trust make for an authentic hunt that kids will love! Follow the trail, collect clues and solve the puzzle to win a Cadbury Easter Treat! Hermitage is on Saturday, Killiecrankie on Sunday so keen eggsplorers can fit in both! Details >
5. With all of this chocolate munching, you’ll need to burn off a few grams of sugar! Every Easter Holidays Live Active Leisure has a full Easter Programme on and you will find a huge number of fun activities and sports for the kids throughout fifteen Perthshire venues. Easter camps, pools, sports halls and family fun! Check out the website – www. liveactive.co.uk Whatever you choose to do this Easter, we do hope you’ll choose Home From Home Perthshire for your break in our gorgeous county.
What a gem. Sitting right next to the River Tilt, we watched the river go from a beautiful rocklined bubbling brook to a raging torrent from the rains. It was perfect. The comfortable beds and sofa, the Restaurant down the street were magnificent.
“Lovely homely apartment within walking distance of centre. Recommended.” Craig
Hi Bea, Thank you very much for your email. We loved our stay in Pitlochry. By the Brae was beautiful, clean and of a very high standard! It was perfectly placed in a quiet location with easy access to town and walks. We would definitely recommend Home from Home Perthshire and I'm so pleased we stumbled across you online in our searches! Kathryn
By The Brae